There are over 90 members of Prairie to Pine currently doing work for the Region and the wider church – that is, doing work on our collective behalf. We extend a Huge Thank You to all of you!
The Nominating Committee is now looking at filling the positions of various commissions and committees of the Prairie to Pine Region. Below you will find a complete summary of opportunities. We ask you to give your thoughtful consideration to filling some of these roles within the Regional council for the next term. Our committee is carefully discerning the balance, passions, experience, and new “blood” for all committees in the Prairie to Pine Region.
If you feel called to one of these vacant positions, or know someone who may be a good fit, please fill out this form online, or speak to a member of the nominations team. More details regarding the work of each of the commissions and committees can be found on the Prairie to Pine website (https://prairietopinerc.ca/) or by clicking on the links in each title below!
Nominating Committee, Prairie to Pine Region, United Church of Canada:
Betty Kelly; Joey Dearborn; Eric Matheson; Teresa Melnychuk; Anna Stewart
Please contact the committee through email@example.com or by calling the Regional office at 204-233-8911. This helps us protect the members’ privacy online.
Committees and Commissions of the Prairie to Pine Region, and current openings
P2P Regional Executive (6 openings)
To enable the work and witness of The United Church of Canada within the boundaries of this Region by
- Acting for the Region between its annual meetings, and
- Exercising oversight of its Committees and Task Groups.
- To find out more information about this committee go to: https://prairietopinerc.ca/about/governance/executive/
General Council 44 (14 openings)
- Serve as a voting member of the General Council for three years
- To find out more information about this committee go to:
Annual Meeting Planning Committee 2022 (6-8 openings)
- To prepare plans & budget for the annual meeting of our Region, and
- To facilitate the flow of business and program during the meeting.
- To find out more information about this committee, contact Betty Kelly through firstname.lastname@example.org
Nominating Committee (3-4 openings esp Winnipeg and S. Central areas)
- Matching the skills and gifts of individuals with the needs of the Prairie to Pine Region
- To find out more information about this committee go to: https://prairietopinerc.ca/about/governance/nominations-committee/
Pastoral Relations Commission or Liaisons (6 openings, esp. for western and northern areas)
- To work directly with Communities of Faith to assist them with the ministry profile and search processes,
- Work under the Pastoral Relations Commission
- To find out more information about this committee, go to: https://prairietopinerc.ca/about/governance/pastoral-relations/
Committee on Ministry Personnel Support (2 openings)
- Provides support to all ministry personnel, encouraging and supporting them toward health, joy and excellence in ministry practice
- To find out more information about this committee go to: https://prairietopinerc.ca/about/governance/committees-on-support/cmps/
Committee on Community of Faith Support (2 – 3 openings)
- Provides oversight and support to communities of faith, especially pastoral charges in their day to day mission and ministry and guidance with matters of transition such as structural changes, amalgamation, realignment and closure.
- To find out more information about this committee, go to: https://prairietopinerc.ca/about/governance/committees-on-support/ccfs/
Committee on Lay Ministry Support (2 openings)
- Responsible for the support and oversight of those in designated categories of lay ministry (congregational designated ministers (CDM), licensed lay worship leaders (LLWL) and sacraments elders)
- To find out more information about this committee, go to: https://prairietopinerc.ca/about/governance/committees-on-support/clls/
Property commission (3 openings)
- The Property Commission will oversee and make decisions on property matters in accordance with Section C.2.6 of The Manual and the property policies of the Regional Council and General Council.
- Works with Communities of Faith regarding the buying and selling of church property, leases, mortgages, loans, etc.
- To find out more information about this committee go to: https://prairietopinerc.ca/about/governance/property-commission/
- provides opportunities for young adults and youth to connect with other people who share similar values as their own
- To find out more information about this committee go to: https://prairietopinerc.ca/programs/yaay/
Board of Regents, University of Winnipeg
Please click here for for information on this opportunity with a partner group.