The Pastoral Relations Commission meets monthly, usually on the 2nd Tuesday* to make decisions on behalf of the Prairie to Pine Regional Council related to new pastoral relationships, requests for changes in pastoral relationships, support of communities of faith in transition through the appointment of pastoral charge supervisors and the appointment of liaisons to assist them in the needs assessment and search processes.
* All documents/matters for the agenda must be received by the Pastoral Relations Minister by noon on the Thursday before the meeting.
Pastoral Relations Commission Members
Pastoral Relations Minister
PASTORAL RELATIONS LIAISONS
Pastoral Relations Liaisons
PASTORAL RELATIONS COMMISSION MOTIONS
The summary of motions passed by the Pastoral Relations Commission beginning October 13, 2020 are listed here. The lists of motions passed by the Commission prior to October 13, 2020 are included as appendices to the Regional Council Executive minutes.
Summary of Motions
- October 13, 2020
- November 10, 2020
- December 8, 2020
- January 12, 2021
- February 9, 2021
- February 17, 2021 (Special Meeting)
- March 9, 2021
- April 13, 2021
- May 11, 2021
- May 19, 2021 (Special Meeting)
- June 8, 2021
- July 13, 2021
- August 10, 2021
- September 14, 2021
- October 12, 2021
- November 1, 2021
- November 9, 2021
- November 22, 2021 (Special Meeting)
- December 14, 2021
- January 11, 2022
- February 8, 2022
- March 8, 2022
- April 12, 2022
- May 10, 2022
- June 14, 2022
- July 12, 2022
- August 9, 2022
- September 13, 2022
- October 11, 2022
- November 8, 2022
- December 13, 2022
- January 10, 2023
- January 26, 2023 (Special Meeting)
- February 14, 2023
- March 14, 2023
- April 11, 2023
REGIONAL COUNCIL POLICIES AND RESOURCES
- Pastoral Relations Commission: Pastoral Charge Supervisors This policy outlines the responsibilities of pastoral charge supervisors as noted in The Manual (2019) and how this policy is lived out within the Prairie to Pine Regional Council.
- List of Pastoral Charge Supervisors
- Pastoral Relations Commission: Length of Appointments
- Part-Time Ministry Policy This policy outlines the parameters for position descriptions for solo part time ministry situations within the Prairie to Pine Regional Council based on a commitment to making full scope of ministry available to Communities of Faith where possible.
- Collaborative Ministry Use of Memorandum of Understandings and Service Agreements
- Collaborative Ministry Policy on Arrangements with Congregational Designated Ministers
- Resource for Living Faith Stories A supplementary resource developed by Canadian Shield Regional Council to assist Communities of Faith to think about the context of their living faith story.
- ChurchHub Help Sheets
DENOMINATIONAL RESOURCES FOR COMMUNITIES OF FAITH
- Pastoral Relations: Policy for a Community of Faith (April 2020) Pastoral Relations Policy and Procedures
- Pastoral Relations: Guidelines for Community of Faith Profile (April 2020) Additional tools for a community of faith in the pastoral relations process, including sample bulletin inserts about pastoral relations, worksheets for the community of faith profile, sample interview questions, and worksheets for the search team.
- Pastoral Relations: Guidelines for Search and Selection (April 2020)
- Pastoral Relations: Ministry Personnel (December 2019)
- Pastoral Relations: Supporting the Pastoral Relationship (November 2020)
- Pastoral Relations: Regional Council Liaisons (January 2020)
- Liturgy for Covenanting Services An Act of Covenanting for a New Pastoral Relationship within a Community of Faith (Worship Resources-Milestones and transitions)
- 2023 Minimum Salaries and Reimbursement for Ministry Personnel
- Congregational Designated Ministers (March 2020)
PASTORAL RELATIONS RESOURCES FOR MINISTRY PERSONNEL
Pastoral Relations: Ministry Personnel (December 2019) Policies and Procedures for Ministry Personnel engaging the pastoral relations process.
All forms once completed must be returned to: PrairietoPine@united-church.ca
- Community of Faith Request for Categorization of Lay Ministry Position
- PR443: Application to Receive Pension Benefit Payments
- Other Ministry Appointments Form
- What do we need to do if our minister or lay staff require medical absence / sick leave?