The Pastoral Relations Commission meets monthly, usually on the 2nd Tuesday* to make decisions on behalf of the Prairie to Pine Regional Council related to new pastoral relationships, requests for changes in pastoral relationships, support of communities of faith in transition through the appointment of pastoral charge supervisors and the appointment of liaisons to assist them in the needs assessment and search processes.
* All documents/matters for the agenda must be received at the Regional Council Office by noon on the Thursday before the meeting.
Pastoral Relations Commission Members
Pastoral Relations Minister
PASTORAL RELATIONS LIAISONS
Pastoral Relations Liaisons
REGIONAL COUNCIL POLICIES AND RESOURCES
- Pastoral Relations Commission: Pastoral Charge Supervisors This policy outlines the responsibilities of pastoral charge supervisors as noted in The Manual (2019) and how this policy is lived out within the Prairie to Pine Regional Council.
- List of Pastoral Charge Supervisors
- Pastoral Relations Commission: Length of Appointments
- Part-Time Ministry Policy This policy outlines the parameters for position descriptions for solo part time ministry situations within the Prairie to Pine Regional Council based on a commitment to making full scope of ministry available to Communities of Faith where possible.
- Policy on the Use of Memorandum of Understanding and Service Agreements
- Policy on Cooperative Ministry Agreements
- Resource for Living Faith Stories A supplementary resource developed by Canadian Shield Regional Council to assist Communities of Faith to think about the context of their living faith story.
- ChurchHub Help Sheets
DENOMINATIONAL RESOURCES FOR COMMUNITIES OF FAITH
- Pastoral Relations: Policy for a Community of Faith (December 2019) Pastoral Relations Policy and Procedures
- Pastoral Relations: Guidelines for Community of Faith Profile (2019) Additional tools for a community of faith in the pastoral relations process, including sample bulletin inserts about pastoral relations, worksheets for the community of faith profile, sample interview questions, and worksheets for the search team.
- Pastoral Relations: Guidelines for Search and Selection (December 2019)
- Liturgy for Covenanting Services An Act of Covenanting for a New Pastoral Relationship within a Community of Faith (Worship Resources-Milestones and transitions)
- 2020 Minimum Salaries and Reimbursement for Ministry Personnel
- Congregational Designated Ministers April 2019
PASTORAL RELATIONS RESOURCES FOR MINISTRY PERSONNEL
Pastoral Relations: Ministry Personnel (December 2019) Policies and Procedures for Ministry Personnel engaging the pastoral relations process.
All forms once completed must be returned to: PrairietoPine@united-church.ca
Pastoral Relations News
We’re settling in for a (virtual) community marathon. Fortunately, Hebrews 12:1-2 gives us a model...Read More
The Annual Meeting Planning Committee has begun gathering to plan for the meeting of the Prairie to Pine Regional Council in Steinbach on May 28- 30, 2020. With a change of meeting times (earlier on Thursday until mid-day...Read More