The Property Commission will oversee and make decisions on property matters in accordance with Section C.2.6 of The Manual and the property policies of the Regional Council and General Council.
The commission is made up of 5 to 7 members appointed by the Regional Council through the nominations process.
- Make decisions related to property matters on behalf of the Prairie to Pine Regional Council within the scope of regional responsibilities as set out in C.2.6 of The Manual and property policies adopted by the regional council
- Report all decisions quarterly to the regional executive
- Report to the regional council meeting including a summary of decisions made and any concerns, suggestions, etc. related to property matters
- Make recommendations to the regional council or its executive for new regional policies related to property matters
- Meet electronically or by telephone as required to deal with property matters including within 5 days of an offer for the sale of property or any other matter requiring a time sensitive decision.
- One member is a corresponding member of the Committee for Communities of Faith Support
- An interest in property matters
- Willingness to meet on short notice.
PROPERTY COMMISSION MEMBERS
Property Policies and Processes
Property Policies and Processes This was approved by the Region Council 5 on November 27, 2018. An amendment on the sale of manse was approved on February 20, 2020.