Details: Pat Porter Centre, Steinbach, Manitoba, 3:00 PM Thursday, May 28 until 3:30 PM, Saturday, May 30, 2020. For information on accommodation options, click here
What to expect at the May 28 – 30 Annual Gathering:
- A balance of program time and annual meeting business time
- An Intentional effort to be inclusive and respectful of all types of diversity
- Regional Annual meeting business including:
- Considering proposals & reports
- Electing commissioners to General Council 44 in Calgary, July 2021.
- Retirement Banquet on Friday evening
- Closing Worship Service Saturday afternoon, perhaps including Ordination, Commissioning, and / or Recognition.
- Great food, worship and music, a welcoming, friendly community, time with old and new friends.
Who is expected and encouraged to attend?
- Every community of faith elects one or more lay representatives as voting delegates
- How many to elect is dependant on size of your congregation, just as in previous years
- ALL ministry personnel are voting members
- Each Community of Faith is reminded to elect their voting representative(s) to Prairie to Pine for the full year, including for the annual meeting.
- While usually there are no other full meetings of voting members over the year, the representatives are the official members for the full year.
- Your Community of Faith Annual meeting is the most appropriate, and easiest time to elect your representative(s).
- Book your accommodations very soon if you would like to stay in Steinbach
- SEE the Accommodations Possibilities Bulletin for more information
What to consider when selecting delegates to be your Regional representative for the year:
- An interest in the ongoing health & work of your faith community and the wider church
- Ability to listen and consider all sides of an issue
- Someone who can attend the Annual Gathering May 28 – May 30, 2020 (the main meeting area is wheelchair accessible)