Your Nominations Committee has been hard at work, and so have a number of people who have expressed interest in a wide range of opportunities. Now there are two key opportunities left: the Regional Council Executive, and the planning committee for the 2023 annual meeting. Please read on, and share freely! If you are interested, or know someone who would be a good fit for one of these roles, please complete the Nominations form online.
The Prairie to Pine Regional Executive is seeking two additional members for a two-year term.
Are you interesting in the work of policy, practice, and procedure?
Do you have a willingness and ability to consider other points of view, make constructive suggestions and help the Executive make decisions that benefit our Regional Council.
P2P needs people who can offer fresh perspectives and insights and bring knowledge and experience from being active in local communities.
The Executive is called to enable the work and witness of The United Church of Canada within the boundaries of this Region by:
- Acting for the Region between its annual meetings, and
- Exercising oversight of its Committees and Task Groups.
To achieve diversity in our membership, we are seeking specifically, but not limited to: younger folks, Indigenous people, Black people, people of colour, Diaconal Ministers and Laity.
To find out more information about this committee, please contact the office at email@example.com, and they can put you in touch with the Executive co-chairs.
Annual Meeting Planning Committee
It is hoped this planning committee can be in place early in order to begin planning for the 2023 in person meeting. The role of the committee is to:
- To prepare or coordinate the preparation of the program, worship, music, and budget for the annual meeting, including oversight of the decision making process for proposals.
- To facilitate the flow of business and program during the meeting.
- To find out more information about this committee, please contact the office at firstname.lastname@example.org and staff will put you in touch with a past or present member.
If you are interested, or know someone who would be a good fit for one of these roles, please complete the Nomination form online.