Committee on Community of Faith Support
This committee provides oversight and support to communities of faith, especially pastoral charges in their day to day mission and ministry and guidance with matters of transition such as structural changes, amalgamation, realignment and closure. This committee with a minimum of 3 members reports to the Regional Council through the Executive, making recommendations on matters requiring decisions to these bodies. In the former structure, much of the work of this committee was done by Pastoral Oversight Committees in Presbyteries.
Committee on Community of Faith Support Mandate
Denominational Policies and Resources
- United Fresh Start
- The Manual, 2019
- Financial Handbook for Congregations 2017
- Governance Handbook: Policies and Terms of Reference March 2019?
- Ministry and Personnel Committees: Policies, Procedures and Practices, January 2019
- Ministry and Personnel Committees: Resources, January 2019
- Sexual Misconduct, Prevention and Response Policy and Procedure (January 2019)
- Trustees Handbook
- What Do the Archives Want? A Basic Guide for Congregations
- Copyright Guide for Congregations
- Models of Board Governance 2010
- Faithful Footsteps: Screening Procedures for Positions of Trust and Authority in The United Church of Canada
- A Tender Trust: Helping Churches to Provide Safe Service
- Workplace Violence and Harassment Policy
- Code of Ethics for Youth Ministry
- Sacraments Elders Handbook
- What you need to k now if you have a cemetery
- Worship Resources
- Stay in Touch, be informed, share ideas
Regional Council Policies and Resources
Regional Council Policies and Resources
- Covenant documents (between Communities of Faith and the Regional Council)
- Guidelines for Self-assessment of Community of Faith
- We can’t continue like this – closing amalgamation Jan 29 2020
- Breaking Up a Pastoral Charge Jan 29 2020
- Best Practices- helpful hints for preparing great annual reports, to be developed
- Governance documents -checklist for community of faith covenants, to be developed
- Provincial and federal regulations, policies, etc.
- Charitable Status – Getting, keeping, restoring, revoking it (https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency.html)
Committee on Community of Faith Support Members
I am a retired Designated Lay Minister (DLM) in the former Agassiz Presbytery. I have been involved in the life of the church for almost as long as I can remember. I have served on many committees in the structure of the local congregation, as well as the former presbytery and conference structures. The Committee on Community of Faith Support is one I am thankful to serve on as I have faith in the strength of the connectional church. I believe in the importance of supporting one another as we continue to serve in the name of the One who calls and equips us for the journey.
I am a Designated Lay Minister serving Knox United Church in Oakville, MB. I have always been involved in the life of the church in Sunday School, CGIT, Junior Choir, Hi-C, as well as volunteering at church events such as fall suppers, community bridal showers, etc. I have taught Sunday School as well as been Sunday School Superintendent, led Junior and Senior Choirs, played organ and piano for worship, on Session, secretary-treasurer for the church, and led worship services. I have been involved in Presbytery committees as well. I enjoy sewing and quilting, playing the piano and ukulele, being a 4-H leader and am on the board for the 4-H Museum, walking with friends, and being a part of the life of my four grandchildren (mainly attending hockey games).
Retired ministry personnel, Covenant of Association with Gladstone United Church; served rural & urban congregations in solo & team ministry; have been convenor of Presbytery & Conference committees in SK and MNWO Conferences, most recently Pastoral Oversight; experience in educational supervision, transitional ministry, facilitating United Fresh Start, Kairos Blanket Exercise, 4-H leadership; enjoy gardening, sewing, travelling with my husband, reading, grandparenting.
Pastoral Relations Minister